Sunday, November 5, 2017

Chili and Pumpkin Cornbread

When I saw Vegan Richa's recipe for pumpkin cornbread, I thought it was genius. How perfect for Fall with a bowl of spicy bean chili! 


I used fresh pumpkin purée that I made from my son's jack o lantern from Halloween and it was perfect.

They baked up so tender! One of the recipe modifications was to add a bit of sugar to the batter if you like it sweeter. I did this.


A vat of vegan chili. I cheated and used a packet of McCormick chili mix and added: onion, peppers, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, soy chunks, pinto beans and kidney beans. It was easy and I didn't have to scan my spice rack for anything. I did season with salt.

This was the mix I used.




Soooooo goooood!

Make these today!

2 comments:

KathyD said...

That chili looks delicious.

Jennifer said...

Yum! I'll say it again...YUM!!!! I need to get my hands on some!
Jennifer at http://MyBlissfulJourney.com